1. Location: Aside from the obvious reasons to travel to Belize, and specifically San Pedro, the Pelican Reef Villas is a great place to stay because its location is sublime. The minute you arrive and see the gorgeous pier that juts out into the beautiful blue sea you’ll understand why this place is so great. It is a small villa with only 24 units, so it is intimate and cozy and very well decorated. It is within walking distance of many things as well as a quick taxi or golf cart ride away from town. For the many activities, which are mentioned below, you can simply walk out to the end of pier for pickup.
2. Activities: There are many things to do on in San Pedro, including Scuba diving in some very amazing places, including The Blue Hole. You can also go snorkeling, zip lining and visit some Mayan ruins. There is also the Belize Zoo and when on various excursions for scuba diving and snorkeling you get to visit Half Moon Caye, home to a sanctuary for exotic birds. You are well taken care of by guides for each excursion and everything is planned and ready for you so all you have to do is show up and have a good time. These kind of adventures can also be very family friendly and you can be sure there will be something for everyone on one of these trips.
3. Friendly Staff: One of the many endearing qualities of the Pelican Reef Villas Resort is the amazing staff that works there. From the minute you arrive they trip over themselves to make sure you are taken care of. They will plan excursions for you and take care of all the details, they will inform you of everything that there is to do, help you find places to eat or have food brought to you and even find you a sweater if you are cold. It is a unique thing to find such service from a hotel, you’ll leave this place wanting to move and live there permanently or at the very least come back often.
Disney Value Resorts
- Pop Century
- All-Star Music
- All-Star Movies
- All-Star Sports
Disney Moderate Resorts
- Caribbean Beach
- Coronado Springs
- Port Orleans
- Cabins at Fort Wilderness
Disney Deluxe Resorts
- Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Beach Club Resort
- Boardwalk Inn
- Contemporary Resort
- Grand Floridian
- Polynesian Resort
- Wilderness Lodge
- Yacht Club Resort
Disney Deluxe Villas
- Animal Kingdom Villas
- Beach Club Villas
- Boardwalk Villas
- Old Key West Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Pricing for the Value resorts starts under $100 nightly; the moderates start at about $150 and the deluxe start anywhere from $225 to nearly $400 per night for the Grand Floridian. The deluxe villas are all part of the Disney Vacation Club and so they also offer the most spacious accommodations on Disney property. So if you like to spread out, this would be your best bet. You can expect to pay $300 and up nightly for any of the DVC resorts.
There are also some Walt Disney Hotels that are not owned by the Disney company that you might want to consider. The Swan and Dolphin are both located near Hollywood Studios and they are owned by Starwood Hotels and Resorts. Shades of Green is owned by the US Military and is located near Magic Kingdom, but you’ll have to be in the armed forces (or retired) in order to stay there. Also, there are seven additional hotels located at Downtown Disney that are on property, but owned by third parties.
Learn about the Culture of the Place
Culture can be a very important aspect of a person’s life, especially in Asian countries. So, let’s say, for instance, you are booking cheap flights, take some more time and read up about their culture too. This will help you gel well with your hosts and make you seem less foreign.
Be at Your Best Behaviour
Remember that when you are lodging at a homestay, you are using someone’s home. Before you start your stay, ask them if they have any specific rules you need to follow. This way, you will not be disturbing them while enjoying your vacation. Also, be warm toward them so that they don’t have a skewed idea of the country you are representing.
Treat it Like a Homestay
Most often people forget the basic difference between a homestay and a hotel stay. At hotels, staff members will be at your beck and call. They will assist you with anything you want. But when you are staying at someone’s home, they might not have the manpower to do so. Try and help out as much as you can. If it’s not too much of a work, keep your room and bathroom as clean as possible. Additionally, try cleaning up after you have finished your meals.
Care for their Home
People often host guests to earn some extra cash on the side but that doesn’t mean, it’s not difficult to give up a portion of their house to strangers. Which is why, as guests, it becomes your duty to take care of their furniture and infrastructure. Don’t damage the property and try to treat it like your own home. Remember that someone has built it with as much love and care as you built your own.
Location of the Hotel
The first and the foremost thing that should come to your mind whole choosing a hotel for vacation is the location of the place. The hotel intends to stay in the place you would be visiting should be a nice one. It should have a better communication system. The places for sightseeing should be nearby. The hotels should be in the vicinity of the city with plenty of eateries, amusements parks, museums all around.
Facilities the Hotel Offers
When you choose a hotel for your vacation you should look in for the facilities that the hotels offer. Check in the security settings, the cleaning services, food they offer and what all are the things that you can expect in the rooms. Check if the hotel would be able to offer you emergency services if you need them. Do consider the extra services they offer and keep an eye on the guest testimonials for a better idea about the kind of services they offer. For choosing a proper hotel for a vacation you can go through the website of the hotel for all detailed information.
Cost of the Hotel
The last but the most important factor is the price of the hotel. Price is a determining factor choosing a hotel. If the price exceeds your budget then obviously you would not be able to avail the services of the hotels. So, before you book the hotel check for the prices they ask for the services they offer. There are many hotels which charge minimum costs. So, choosing them you would be in your budget without missing out any of the facilities.